Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday, September 5th-Aliens in Egypt

It was the first night of King Tutankhamen's rule; a boy of only nine years, one who needed a cane to walk, sat on the throne of Egypt. In the year 1333 BC, it was one of the most powerful kingdoms in the world. The pyramids had already been been built for over a thousand years, and to King Tut, it symbolized a time during the Old Kingdom, when Egypt was at the height of its power.
That night, as King Tut retired to his father's old bed chambers in the city of Akhetaten, he found that there was something already waiting for him. Standing near the window with it's back to the door was a figure that must have been a God. It was a monstrous, black cat, and King Tut knew at once that if this figure was not a God himself, than he was a messenger from them. King Tut promptly fell to his knees and bowed to the ground.
"I am Zargo; the Great Cat," said the being at the window. "You are now the King of Egypt. It is your responsibility to once again bring praise to me as your God, for your fathers have changed the ways of this land into heresy."

King Tut was terrified; it seemed as if the Gods were angry. "What must I do to earn your favor?"

"You must return your court to the city of Thebes and leave this place abandoned. There, you must restore the God Amun and the old ways and rebuild the temples. For this, your people will thank you."

"I will do as you say, I will give my orders in the morning!"

"Good," Zargo said as he turned around. King Tut shrank away from the horrible red eyes. "I used to walk among the stars, but I have stayed here so that man can serve me, in replacement of their precious Gods."

King Tut was confused. "But do you not serve the Gods? Are you not a messenger from Amun?"

"No, foolish human. I am the only God that your people need, the one who came from beyond the stars with all the knowledge in the universe. However, I understand that the common folk must keep their faith of the old Gods, or they will never transition to me," Zargo spoke with a deep monotone, completely emotionless. "Build the temples in Thebes to these other false deities. But you must also build a great temple to me, so that the people will know that there is a new Chief God. If you do this, than you will be greatly rewarded. One of your predecessors understood the value in worshiping me, and I rewarded him with a great tomb, one that will stand forever on this Earth."

"The Great Pyramids? If I do as you say, then you will build me one?" King Tut said hopefully. He would like nothing more than to be encased in such a glorious place forever.

"If it is what your tiny mind desires most, then yes, if you obey me." Zargo stepped back to the window. "You will never see me again after this night, and to pursue me means death. I, however, will always me watching you, and you will be greatly rewarded if you begin a new religion in my name!" With that, the Great Cat vanished in a flash of yellow light.

Of course, King Tut did what the new God said. He immediately traveled to Thebes and began to rebuild the Gods of the older ways. But, as young boys tend to do, forgot about building a temple in the name of Zargo and worshiping his name. And so it was only within ten years that the Great Cat broke his promise, and he appeared in a flash of light in front of Tut, once again in his bedroom.

Tut was now a young man, and with his age came arrogance. He was no longer afraid of this entity that stood before him. "You did not do as I command. You have forgotten to spread my name."

"And what of it?" Tut sneered.

"Your reign and line will end. Your kingdom will fall and fail until my name is known throughout the land, and the Great, Black Cat will be the only God of this little land," Zargo droned, speaking in his emotionless tone.

"And what will you do to me?" King Tut said, clearly not taking the cat seriously.

The tip of Zargo's long tail twitched. Then, with eye-blurring speed, the cat lunged forward and grabbed the king by the throat. He forced the human's mouth open and breathed into him, transmitting to him Malaria, and other horrendous diseases. Tut tried to scream and twist out of the cat's grasp, and he felt the sickness spreading throughout his body. Then, Zargo practically threw the king out of his window, and he fell to the ground, breaking his leg and shattering his knee. He also, unfortunately, fell in the path of a passing chariot.
Zargo knew that the deed was done, and he vanished once again. He would wait for a few hundred years before returning to this superstitious land, and then his name would be spread and finally worshiped.


No comments:

Post a Comment