Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday, September 25th--Bad Mistake

At this point in time, there is only one huge mistake I can think of, and I really, really, really, really, really, don't want to talk about it. Oh, you wanted to hear about it? Well, too bad, because my lips are sealed. This is one story that none of you will never, ever know. So stop asking.
If I must write about a mistake, for the sake of my grade, then I must think of something a little more mediocre. I've made many mistakes in my lifetime, but for some reason my mind is blank right now. I have more important things on my mind right now, and I suppose, now that I think about it, I could turn this into a very large, very possible mistake.
My Grandpa, my super awesome grandpa, has been very sick lately and has developed a tumor on the front of his brain. For a while, it wasn't that big of a deal, as tumors go. He couldn't taste or smell, but besides that, he was doing pretty well. Now, with a bad case of Shingles in his eye and ear (meaning he can't read or hear very well), the tumor appears to be causing him immense amounts of pain. Right now as I'm writing this, we don't know for sure what is wrong, and we don't know how serious this is.
The point I'm trying to make is that he may be gone soon, and I will never be able to speak to him again. The mistake that I might have made is that I always took our time for granted, because he has been fairly healthy for as long as I can remember. For the last few times that I've seen him, I was too busy or involved with other problems of my own to really talk to him, and that is one of the worst things I have done. My grandpa is the one of the greatest and the wisest man I have ever known. There are many, many things that I wish I could talk to him about, and he could always make me laugh or cheer me up, because his mind is as sharp as a tack. Now, with the current circumstances, I may have lost my chance forever. And if he doesn't get better, this is one mistake I can never fix.
Moral of the story: if you still have your grandparents, spend as much time with them as you can. They will show you much about the world and about yourself, and its always worth your time to listen to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment