Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday, October 10--Pet Peeve

I have many, many, pet peeves. I have so many that I'm not sure if I'm even aware of half of them. But in an attempt to not sound completely cynical, I'll only explain one or two of them. Ok, so I'm sure we all have those friends who make plans or discuss previous parties and events in front of you that they didn't invite you to. I have a lot of them. And it drives me crazy. IF you didn't want to invite me to your party, then fine, it's not a big deal. But if you talk about it in front of me and say how awesome it was, it just feels like I'm being mocked. What makes it even worse is when someone says, "Dude you should've been there!"
And I reply, "Well, I would have, if you had invited me."
This happens to me all the time. I'm fairly certain that I hear about more parties that my friends have more than being actually invited to them. It makes you feel super unwanted, and it's kind of a slap to the face in the sense that I really don't have much of a social life, and these people aren't making it any better.
Lesson: if you want to talk about a party or something, don't do it in front of people who expected to be invited but weren't.

No comments:

Post a Comment