Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wednesday, October 15--I remember when...

I remember when I first decided to lift the mightiest weapon on this Earth. I wanted to create something that could topple empires, overthrow gods, and start revolutions. I had used them almost all of my life, and for almost 13 years now I wanted to create one of my own.. Of course, mine isn't likely going to cause the country to collapse or throw the world into chaos. I do hope, however, that it's something that many will remember for the rest of their lives. I remember the day I decided to write a book. And not just one book. Five.
I made this decision to write this story when I was in fifth grade. I began writing at that time as well, and as you could probably guess, they were really, really, bad. Now, with my writing skills significantly more developed, they are vastly improved. And after almost 8 years, I'm still writing new things and revising what has already been recorded. It's the greatest project that I've ever begun, and one of the few that I will finish. Though I may be only halfway done with the most awesomely epic and thrilling and extremely modest adventure that you've ever read, I will always remember the day I began. It's easily one of the most monumental decisions I've ever made in my short life.

No comments:

Post a Comment