Wednesday, August 13, 2014

8-13-14 Creative Burst: Cat Diary

Day 1:
New masters have arrived for me today. I have been told that I am to be moving into a new home, but I am not fooled; this is just a transfer from one prison to another. The masters crammed me into a movable cell, and now they are taking me into the belly of one of their growling cars.

Day 3:
I have been hiding in my new prison, and the masters have yet to find me. Little do they know, I am highly capable of sneaking around in the night. They have left food out in a bowl in an attempt to draw me out, but I am not fooled.

Day 7:
I am holed up in the closet in the guest bedroom. The masters have found me at last, but I will not give in to their fake offerings of food. However, I am starting to get hungry. When they sleep, I will sneak out and try a little bit of their food. I would not be surprised if it is poisoned. There is no point in me hanging around here any longer; I might as well head for the room they call the 'kitchen'. If I am caught, this may be my last journal entry.

Day 39:
I have started to settle into this new prison, and by that I mean I know all the best ambush places to attack the masters from. For some reason, they keep making attempts to appease me, but I am quick to show how I feel about them. The food does not seem to be deadly, but if it is a poison, it is a slow acting one. I suspect that the masters are trying to lure me into a false sense of security. I must stand strong, I must not give in.

Day 94:
I must get out! The masters never let me outside, and this new prison I fear will be the death of me. I have tried to fool the masters into letting me out the door, but I suppose my actions in the past have caused them to not trust me. I must re-double my efforts.

Day 235:
There is nothing for it. The masters have to go. I have been working on ways to get them out of the way for days now, but nothing works. My last attempt was to trip the male master when he was on the top of the stairs, but all that resulted was me being kicked down instead. For my own survival, I must break free. I will try again tomorrow by spilling milk on the kitchen floor.

Day 456:
All hope is lost. The masters are too clever to be tricked into falling into any of my traps. Though I will never submit myself to their tyranny, I believe the only way that I will ever get out is to earn their trust. This will take all of my courage, but in the name of cats, I must continue on.




No comments:

Post a Comment