Thursday, August 21, 2014

Is this her true nature? Or is it not?


Thursday, August 21-Mystery Lady

It seems to me
That the women who sits in the chair
Suffers from some sort of split personality

A bizarre case, if I am to be fair

When she sits there in this painting
I feel that she might be hiding
That she in fact has a strolling
Cat across her shoulders!
Here, the oddities do not end.
Is this her true nature? Or is it not?

I believe that there is an odd look in her eyes
They seem to look in both directions
Surely that can't be good for them?

And, I must say, looks rather dizzying.

Why is one hand different than the other?
Is that black on right and white on left?
There seems to be no point at all in this lack of
Cooperating paint on her fingernails, and
How is she wearing two different hats at once?

If one is pointy
Though the other is not
Surely that can't be the latest style?

Alas, what would I know?

With such an odd choice of color
I makes me start to wonder
That this poor women may in fact be
Colorblind, and can not see
Her very odd choice of attire!

Is that a nose,
There under her right eye?
Surely that can't be an ear?

Accounting the fact that she seems to have neither

Will all her body part be misaligned?
Is this something that will pass in time?
This is not normal, no I would say this
Can't be how a normal person is to be
How, oh how, did all this come to be?

1 comment:

  1. I liked this very much. I really enjoyed the rhyme and the way you described the woman. One thing I didn't much care for was the switch between the woman having a split personality to the woman being colorblind. This confused me a bit, but didn't throw the poem off enough to not be enjoyable. Overall I would say this is a great poem!

    ReplyDelete